Posted to alt.home.repair
hobbes hobbes is offline

Default Cable TV Wiring

On Feb 24, 1:39*pm, SMS wrote:
Yesterday I wired a relatives house for cable. The analog cable works
fine, but when I plug in the digital cable box supplied by the cable
company it doesn't work at all. Is there anything special about
splitters for digital cable? I use Dish network, and I've really been
out of the loop as far as cable TV stuff. This is not Comcast, but a
small municipal cable company.

Hi SMS,

I agree with Reed. For digital you usually need two way. We have
Cablevision here. They have these channels for car shopping and house
shopping. From the remote you can request new data. You can also
request movies etc. This requires two way communication.

If you have multiple TV's, and have alot of cable runs then a
amplifier that enables you to split off each feed may be useful. You
need a amplifier which allows two way communication. I got mine from
here http://www.cabletvamps.com/.

I have an Electroline EDA-FT-8100 and it works for me.

All the best, Mike.