Posted to alt.home.repair
Dottie Dottie is offline

Default Wilsonart Hi-Definition laminate countertops

On Feb 24, 4:51 pm, KLS wrote:
I think we're going to install this as a compromise between regular
laminate and something like granite for our new counters. The designs
and colors are beautiful, so I'm curious whether the cohort can offer
any big negatives (besides the known issues with putting hot stuff
directly on it). Granite or any of the composite surfaces would cost
at least $2k more in our kitchen, and I don't think we'd get our money
out in our real-estate market (a friend did a high-end kitchen to sell
her house and didn't get what she wanted for it), and I think we'd be
quite happy with this new-generation laminate countertop.

I have Wilsonart tops in my kitchen. The countertops were installed
about three years ago. I haven't had any problem with mine. I am
careful to not set anything hot on it. Mine is Marine Mystic (I
think) - a dark blue color and very pretty.