Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mosquito under-25 repellant device

In article ,
T i m wrote:
You could have a private club where there are no employees - same as
some pubs.

'Private smoking parties' .. have em round your place Dave .. ;-)

Pubs run by families? Partners?

And you're surely not claiming cigarette smoke is more harmful than
other chemicals that employees may have to handle in other businesses?

I would have thought any 'harmful chemicals' would be covered by the
HSA and suitable protective clothing / breathing equipment would be
issued? If you were producing any smoke or fumes indoors in any other
circumstances than smoking they would be obliged to provide suitable
extraction or fume cupboards etc. Lead solder has now been replaced
with lead free for the exact same reasons ....

And decent smoke extraction would be simple to provide in smoking pubs -
if they were allowed. It's not exactly rocket science.

No matter how people wriggle there is no sense behind banning smoking
everywhere that the public *might* have access to - it is merely
punishment of smokers.

Or social freedom (at last) for the majority? Try and put yourself in
our shoes for a second and think about what we (the non smokers) have
an issue with. It's the fact that we choose not to have to breathe
(or smell) cigarette smoke / fumes, ever, anywhere we happen to go in
our everyday lives. Anyone imposing that on us (and from our point of
view for no logical reason) is acting 'antisocially' and should be
issued with an ASBO? ;-)

Err, yet again you miss the point. If a pub were clearly marked as a
smoking one, just why would you want to go there - anymore than one that
played music you don't like or showed sports you weren't interested in all
the time. Or even a gay pub - assuming you're not gay?

And having accepted that other such laws will
follow.

Good, because by definition, few stupid rules ever actually get
through (or stay).

Just out of interest, have I missed all the Pro Smoking marches? I
remember seeing some for Foxhunting and some other similarly bizarre
minority interests but not Pro Smoking?

All the best ..

T i m

p.s. What is also nice for me is that if the Missus goes out with her
mates for a meal she doesn't come home stinking like an ashtray.

She went to smoking restaurants when the majority have been non smoking
for years?

--
*If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.