Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Default Curiousity - Bathroom Fans

In article ,
Andy Champ writes:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Andy Champ writes:
12v fans are exactly the ones fitted in PCs.

I only ever looked at one, a Wickes one, about 5 years ago.
That was a shaded pole induction motor, exactly the same as
the mains ones (but presumably thicker wire in the windings),
and fed via a separate 12VAC transformer. Quite different
from PC fans, which run from DC.

:O

I stand corrected. My fan BTW is a mains one... and when did you last
see a mains case fan?

This morning, at the Tolworth computer fair.
Several stands at the Bracknell computer fair have
been regularly selling them for a couple of years now.

--
Andrew Gabriel