Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Parry Peter Parry is offline

Default Curiousity - Bathroom Fans

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 12:09:36 -0000, "the_constructor"
wrote:

I installed it correctly a few months ago but after a week I disconnected
it.

I once had to try to help sort out ventilation in an old Victorian
flat with single brick walls. For the bathroom/toilet by far the most
successful was not to use the usual high output short duration fan but
to install a small ducted fan which ran all day. It was a small
Wickes unit of about 20W consumption and was put on a timeswitch to
run from 06:00 to 22:00. It kept the bathroom mould and steam free
remarkably effectively. The only time it could be heard was in the
dead of night (hence the timeswitch). During the day it was
inaudible.