Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Eric Yancey[_2_] Eric Yancey[_2_] is offline

Default built-ins

Thank you. It really helps to have a good trim carpentry book that goes
over the details of greek architecture. That's where I got the idea for the
little astragal wraps just below the arches. A little detail like that goes
a long ways towards improving the overall appearance.

I tried to match the existing trim in the 100 yr old house so it would tie
in well. The panels and edge detail around the panels match existing panels
in the foyer of the house almost exactly - most wouldn't notice it really
helps the unit blend in with its surroundings.

Eric

"jloomis" wrote in message
Very Colonial..(is that a style)
Lots of tedious work and with attention to crown mold and all.
I agree with the others.
Very well done.
jloomis
"Eric Yancey" wrote in message
A few times a year I do some commission work on nights and weekends - this
time around it was another set of built-in bookcases (seems like everyone
wants built-ins these days). These were my largest to date - 10' wide and
a little over 10' tall.

These are made of birch ply, poplar, and MDF. Primed with white
shellac-based primer and sprayed with a water based lacquer topcoat.

The center unit is large to accomodate a big flatscreen TV.

In the photos there are some unusual reflections from the flash - next
time the flash will be turned off!

Thanks for looking.

Eric