Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Furnace Blower Wiring Part 2

On Feb 24, 10:42*am, smcjensen wrote:
I have a furnace blower I want to use as a shop exhaust fan. *It's a
GE ECM motor meaning it has electronic controls mounted on the motor,
however, you can remove the control module and behind it are three
wires going to the motor, black, blue, red. *There are no other wires
coming from the motor. *There's also a capacitor mounted to the
housing. *The motor says it's 120/240 volt 1 HP.

A 1 HP exhaust fan sounds a bit hairy for the typical shop. Are there
some unusual reasons you need such a beast? Just curious.

Joe