joel

Default Machinery mover in SF Bay area?

i second the recommendation for al. nice guy, good price, and he moves
damn near anything you want with skill. his truck is actually a tilting
flatbed tow truck, and he winches his small forklift on and off the
back, with you machine attached to the forklift. it's fast and he knows
his stuff. bridgeport mill, 50+ miles, rush hour traffic, narrow
driveway, all the way into my garage: $250

peter, did you get your gorton from gary back in december or so? if so,
i think i saw it. nice little piece.

--j

In article . net,
"Peter Grey" wrote:

Steve,

I had my Gorton mill moved by a local rigger. I think his name and number
is Al Newman @ 510-583-1185. I say "think" because I have the card of the
guy from whom I bought the mill and Al's name and number is on the back. If
I'm wrong, you can call Gary Aragon (the guy from whom I bought the mill) @
510-453-0513 and ask him who he uses.

Al (assuming it's the right guy) loaded the mill up in Castro Valley, backed
his big f***ing truck up our driveway in San Francisco, unloaded the mill
and set on the stand I'd built for it. I didn't have to lift a finger. His
price was very reasonable, I thought. I don't know if his truck is too big
for your situation but he's worth a call.

Peter

"Steve Y." wrote in message
om...
I've decided I'm probably too old and dumb to move a lathe myself, as
tempting as it may be.

Can anyone recommend a machinery mover in the San Francisco Bay area
to move a 10-12" lathe locally? I'm looking for someone who's used to
small home-shop type moves who can not only load and truck a lathe
10-15 miles, but be flexible in figuring out how to navigate the way
down a narrow driveway into a fairly small workshop. And for
reasonable cost.

--
remove xxnospamxx to reach me.