Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default ONKYO HT-SR 875 RECEIVER : NO AUDIO

wrote in message
On Feb 21, 2:18 pm, "Dave" wrote:
"David Farber" wrote in message

Did you go into the source menu of your receiver and check that the

audio
is
set for HDMI? You can also try a separate coax or optical cable from

your
Blu-Ray player to your receiver and see if the audio works that way. (Of
course, you'll need to make the appropriate change in the audio select
menu
if you change it.)

Here's a good question: did it EVER work? I mean, did it work fine one day
and not the next? If it's never worked I'd definitely go through the setup
procedure at the beginning of the manual, there are lots of settings in
there that could make it non-functional for one reason or another. The

fact
that you're getting no error codes strongly indicates that it's not

broken,
just perhaps set up wrong.

Dave

Dave,I messed with it again last night and i noticed a click about 2
sec. after i turned it on. So, it might be going into safe mode
but, i still haven't seen any error code. I bought the receiver like
this. I figured it was something minor but ,i m not a tech either.
I didn't pay that much for it so i can put alittle into it . Suggested
retail for this receiver is $1599.00

I'd start from square one. Get out the owner's manual,
http://63.148.251.135/redirect_servi...5_875_B_En.pdf
Disconnect all the wires. Hook up your speakers as shown in the manual. Go
into setup and test the speaker levels. Or you can use the microphone that
comes with the unit and plug it into the jack in the front of the receiver
and it will automatically set the levels. Again, see the manual for
instructions on this. If you can make it past this point, then hook up a dvd
player AND either a coax or optical digital cable between the receiver and
dvd player. Go back into the setup menu (remove the microphone) and make the
appropriate settings to the audio select input menu. Please report your
findings.

Good luck.
--
David Farber