Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] is offline

Default Sony MCZ3001

"jango2" wrote in message
Mark, are'nt these chips made by Shindungen?
Might be ok to use the cheaper one marketed by Hitachi.

http://www.agoraquest.com/viewtopic....30205&forum=34

However, I think i read somewhere that the newer one, "DB", was an
improved design to address flaws in its former "D" version.
Jango

We've been getting them from Sony and just recently from B & D Enterprises
in the States. B & D has them for about 8.99 if memory serves. Sony is 16.00
each for authorized servicers.

Yes, the DB version is improved - and the only one Sony ships anymore, and
that is what they use in their own factory service.

There are a few things we actually get much cheaper from Sony. The TDA6108
CRT drive IC is only 5.00 from Sony - more than 3 times that from B & D.

Mark Z.