Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
John John is offline

Default Finishing

In message , mac davis
writes

John.. If possible, find someone local that buffs their turnings and see if you
like the look and feel..

I use the Beall buffing system on all my stuff, either just buffing the natural
wood or rubbing on natural Danish oil on softer woods and then buffing..
The look is warm and fuzzy, the feel is like glass and it's a renewable finish
that's "food safe"..

After buffing a few hundred pieces I just bought a 2nd Beall system.. $80 US
every 3 or 4 years is a great investment, IMHO..

Note: DO NOT use oil on padauk, especially if you plan on buffing it... DAMHIKT

mac

Hey mac

I must admit I haven't yet tried buffing of my finished items other than
what can be done on the lathe. As soon as the workshop re-layout is
completed I will be able to access both 6 inch bench grinders (converted
to buffers)
Then I will be able to play

--
John