Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Donwill Donwill is offline

Default Curiousity - Bathroom Fans

"the_constructor" wrote in message

Just out of curiosity, are 12V timer fans noisier than 240V fans....?

I got a 12V fan and my neighbour nearly jumps out of her skin when it is
switched on.

I installed it correctly a few months ago but after a week I disconnected
it.

It must be bad though because I can hear it downstairs through 3 closed
doors.

The fan is from Screwfix....

James

I have a screwfix ceiling mounted bathroom fan that plugs into a 4ins duct
which extracts through the pine end of the bungalow. In order to reduce the
awful noise it generates, I have been looking for an externally mounted fan
which would, I believe reduce the noise level.
I have failed to find a fan in the UK but have found an American one which
would do the business if I could find an European or better still a British
agent which could supply a 240V model.
I have a link to the Fan as follows:
http://www.continentalfan.com/ext