Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
ARWadworth ARWadworth is offline

Default Curiousity - Bathroom Fans

"the_constructor" wrote in message

Just out of curiosity, are 12V timer fans noisier than 240V fans....?

A 12V fan by manufacturer A maybe a lot quiter than a 240V fan made by
manufactuer B. Quality counts. Greenwood and Vent Axia are good makes.

I got a 12V fan and my neighbour nearly jumps out of her skin when it is
switched on.

I installed it correctly a few months ago but after a week I disconnected
it.

Is it an inline fan mounted onto a joist? You need to isolate the fan from
the joist with rubber to make it quieter.

It must be bad though because I can hear it downstairs through 3 closed
doors.

That is bad.

Adam