Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default Table saw wired for 220 but using a standard 3 prong plug

"Leon" wrote in message

"Swingman" wrote in message

"fourempties" wrote

Ah- but I didn't say I had not fired it up.

Any thoughts? I have not turned it on yet.

Sorry, sure sounded that way ...

plug it into a regular outlet and turn it on, or if I need to try and
wire it for 110. Smoke? Fire? Running at half-speed? Fry a circuit?
Trip the breaker? Nothing?

If the saw is wired for 220 and you plug it into a 110 circuit that is
_properly_ wired, more than likely it just won't run at all and there
should
be no damage.

The other way around and you'll likely let all the smoke out.

ROTFL I just had to picture of all these saws with a built in smoke
canister just ready to blow in the event you hook it up wrong. Can the
smoke be replaced or do you have to get a new canister? ;~)

Now *I'm* rotfl! reminds of a line in the mythbusters show. "once you let
the magical blue smoke out, things no work anymore"

jc