Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default spacer for receptacles/switches?

Got a unique situation in my house... in the basement, there is a double
gang box sunk into a masonry wall, to control the lighting.
Unfortunately, it was apparently either installed badly or else
installed assuming that the wall would be finished with drywall and not
the thin wood paneling that it was finished with. Eventually I'd like
to redecorate, but until then, the cover plate that doesn't fit flush to
the wall bothers me slightly. Is there a product made to take up this
gap, or is my best hope to knock something together with thin pieces of
hardwood molding?

thanks,

nate

(getting rid of the wiring nastiness, one small project at a time...
just finished wiring the troffers in the one room today, but I still
need to pull new wire to the light at the bottom of the stairs, as
whenever I knock one of the pieces of BX it turns the light off, which I
ASSume is probably not a Good Thing...)

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel