Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] rpettitt@uku.co.uk is offline

Default Repair Electro Industries 3002A PSU after reverse polarity

I carelessly attached a battery with reverse polarity to my Electro
Industries 3002A PSU. I didn't realise until I saw a wisp of smoke
after maybe 10 seconds. Needless to say it now does not work
correctly. Looking inside the circuit board is populated with easily
accessible discrete components that I could probably replace. So
question is what is likely to need renewing? I assume active devices
such as 2N3055, TIP31C, L7805CV. What about passives eg capacitors,
resistors? Appreciate any advice before I condemn to the bin.