Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave[_18_] Dave[_18_] is offline

Default Hitachi C10FL Tablesaw, Any Good?

On Feb 23, 2:31*pm, Lyle Rawlins wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
On Dec 9 2007, 12:40 am, John Horner wrote:
HerHusband wrote:

I'm not really in the market for a saw now, and $500 is about my maximum
budget, but if the saw is really as good as it appears I might just
scrounge my penny's together and pick one up.

I second the motion to invest a couple of buck in the recent Fine
Woodworking issue which has an excellent comparison test of hybrid table
saws.

Take the time to save up and move up to something more capable like the
Woodtek.

The problem with buying an eh-ok tool is that it consumes the space and
much of the money which could have been used to get something better.

Another issue with the Hitachi is that it is an uncommon beast which
will be harder to gets parts and accessories for than some others in the
future.

John

Do not buy the Hitachi C10FL!

Hitachi claims that their 10' Stationary Table Saw (Model C10FL)
produces 3 horse power. *However, if you look on the right side of the
Table saw, below the table extension, you will see a little
specification plaque that states the saw uses a 120V (standard AC)
cord. *This makes producing 3HP impossible, I will explain why.

Thanks for the info!

My local Lowes is offering the C10FL for 500.00 with a 100.00 gift card
included.

I was wondering if it was worth consideration or not, apparently it is
not. That's probably why they're trying to dump them. Has anyone noticed
they have some Jet tools on their web site? That's a real change of
distribution channels for Jet.

I am not one to "settle" for less than what I really want in tools and
agree that an eh-ok tool will take up the same amount of floor space and
nearly as much hard earned cash as what you really wanted.

Best regards,- Hide quoted text -

I own this saw and feel that it is a great value. It is a much
better saw for the money than any other I reviewed. While it is true
that running the saw on 120V may not provide the full 3 hp, you can
wire it to single phase 220V. Mine is still set at 120 volt. I have
ripped treated lumber 3-1/2'" deep where I had to cut it part way
through, then flip it, without the saw bogging down.

One of the things that drew me to the saw was the fence. I like the
way it operates and it doesnt' get sloppy over time. In addition, I
like being able to move it around the shop using the integrated
casters.

Inserts can be problematic. I made my molding cutter and zero
clearance inserts from 0.125 aluminum. I did an extensive search and
could not find the inserts as an accesory
Regards,
Dave G.