Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Festool

"dpb" wrote in message ...
Bonehenge (B A R R Y) wrote:
On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 11:13:13 -0600, dpb wrote:

Amazing what some judicious upscale pretentiousness can do in a
marketing campaign isn't it???

That really isn't true with most Festool items.

Even though I think Systainers are overpriced, every Festool _tool_
I've tried really has been far above the competition. ...

You notice I didn't say the tool wasn't a good tool...

I _still_ think they're overpriced, though, and that their marketing plays
into the elitist club thing. W/ sufficient markup on individual tools,
they don't need the tremendous volume. Great for them if they can
continue to make it work.

Festool has been around for a very very long time, just not in the spot
light until some what recently. I suspect that if the pricing policy did
not work it would have been changed many years ago. Fortunately the pricing
policy affords the dealer the ability to get involved with the customer more
so that other brands.