Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Festool

Bonehenge (B A R R Y) wrote:
On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 11:13:13 -0600, dpb wrote:

Amazing what some judicious upscale pretentiousness can do in a
marketing campaign isn't it???

That really isn't true with most Festool items.

Even though I think Systainers are overpriced, every Festool _tool_
I've tried really has been far above the competition. ...

You notice I didn't say the tool wasn't a good tool...

I _still_ think they're overpriced, though, and that their marketing
plays into the elitist club thing. W/ sufficient markup on individual
tools, they don't need the tremendous volume. Great for them if they
can continue to make it work.