Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stuart & Kathryn Fields Stuart & Kathryn Fields is offline

Default Secession

Ed, I think that you are right about the lack of voter support for Nick's
idea of secession. I also agree with Nick that our "leaders" have tromped
merrily over the Constitution and usurped power not specifically granted to
the Federal Government. This I think needs to be stopped. We had a
Constitutional Amendment to stop booze. We didn't bother with an Amendment
for the Drug war and are merrily locking away people when found with small
amounts of Marijuana and in fact have created a similar industry to that run
by the gangs in prohibition days. We didnt' bother with an Amendment when
Bush latched on to the power to declare someone an enemy combatant and strip
them of their Constitutionally guranteed rights. Further as Naomi Wolf
says in her book, the changes that have been going on in our government
parallel closely those used by historically famous dictators. I don't think
that Constitutional Amendments are going to work anymore if the Elected
Representatives choose to ignore the Constitution to start with.
Stu Fields
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"nick hull" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Besides the oaths made in Article VI ("The Senators and Representatives
before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and
all
executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the
several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this
Constitution..."), they agreed to the supremacy clause. The principles
and
the wording were built upon the unseverable covenant of the Articles of
Confederation.

It might seem to some that the feds are not supporting the constitution
and seceeded states might support it better

You're welcome to vote for someone who would support that, Nick. But don't
be surprised if most voters don't agree with you.

--
Ed Huntress