Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe Pfeiffer Joe Pfeiffer is offline

Default Angle Iron/Aluminum

Searcher7 writes:

I am working on a project that will require me to create a ledge
the turns down at a 90 degree angle.

It has to be as resistant as possible to oxidation(ie:sweaty
hands), and also as dark as possible.(Preferably black).

The angle iron I've found at Home Depot has some sort of
paint/coating that doesn't seem durable, and the angle Aluminum
there is too bright.

I'd appreciate any other ideas for a materials/coatings that may
fit my needs.

Powder-coating could be an option -- that's an extremely durable finish.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...19897&D=319897

The possible problem is you need to have a 400F oven, which isn't used
for food preparation. If the part is small enough, a used
toaster-oven would do just fine.