Posted to uk.d-i-y
keith_765[_2_] keith_765[_2_] is offline

Default Used concrete roof tiles for extension?

"Peter Boulton" wrote in message
Hi,

We're currently having a rear extension built. The builder wants to use
'used' concrete roof tiles as they will look better relative to the age of
the house (a 60's build).

Is there any downside to this? I am confident that the builder is sound,
so is that the answer?

Advice/comments appreciated.

Thanks.

Pete

They will have no guarantee, be thinner, fill the gutter with gravel, and
you will still see the matching in. The only advantages is that when the
whole roof wants
re roofing all of the old tiles should be of the same age. Concrete tiles
have a very good life span. Redlands have a guarantee of 50 years.