Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] teddysnips@hotmail.com is offline

Default Consumer unit trips without reason that I can find

On Feb 20, 10:42*pm, Appin wrote:

[...]

If only the OP would come back with a bit more info.

I've looked and failed to find a make for the CU. All I can find is a
logo, which looks like a box containing an ellipse containing a
triangle pointing to the right:
____
[ ( |) ]

Best picture I could muster he

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g.../hazy_logo.jpg

I've looked on the web for an example of a Chint logo but couldn't
find one.

I've tried turning off the dishwasher (an early candidate) - it has a
switch on the wall in place of a plug but there was another trip so I
presume that I can rule out the dishwasher?

The overall box is a single moulded piece of plastic, and the items
inside are modular. I could take the cover off (possibly) and take
more pictures, but I don't have any confidence in staying alive during
this proceeding.

Better pictures of the top row of switches he

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...OfTime/top.jpg

And the bottom row again.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...ime/bottom.jpg

There's also this box thing attached to the top of the unit. I think
it's something to do with the doorbell.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...box_on_top.jpg

Thanks - any further thoughts?

Edward