Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Mosquito under-25 repellant device

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:09:44 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
As for my intolerance then why not, it makes me ill and I don't see why
I should let you make me ill. If I came into the pub and started glue
sniffing next to you, would you complain or just sit there and breath
in the fumes? Glue sniffing is not illegal BTW.

If the pub had a sign saying 'glue sniffing allowed' I'd simply give it a
miss.

Pub's didn't have 'Smoking Allowed' signs because it was assumed that
it was and it was just sheer luck if you turned up at one (often if
you were out in the sticks the only one for miles) that was smoke free
(let alone 'No Smoking'). Even if it was smoke free when you turned up
there was no guarantee it would still be that way when yer food turned
up.

There are plenty others.

So would that mean me and my family going on a pub crawl (looking for
one that was non-smoking) when ALL we want is a drink, some pub grub
and maybe to sit in the warm for a bit? [1]

And I really don't see why the same can't
apply to smoking.

I can understand why smokers are feeling persecuted but maybe its
right that they should be now and we can have our turn at a bit of
choice at last. Equality and that?

All the best ..

T i m

[1] We tend to choose semi remote places when on our family motorcycle
camping holidays. You wouldn't believe the number of campsites where
we haven't been able to just walk to the local village for a pint (a
real treat for me as I'm normally driving) and a pie because when we
got there and looked through the door we couldn't see the bar for
smoke. And why should we sit outside, outside is for bonfires and
inside is for people! g Now we know we can go anywhere that sells
beer and food and that's all we are going to get. ;-)

p.s. I care less what you or anyone else does as long as I don't have
to join in whilst just going about my day.