Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mogga Mogga is offline

Default Used concrete roof tiles for extension?

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 12:36:17 -0000, "Peter Boulton"
wrote:

Hi,

We're currently having a rear extension built. The builder wants to use
'used' concrete roof tiles as they will look better relative to the age of
the house (a 60's build).

Is there any downside to this? I am confident that the builder is sound, so
is that the answer?

Advice/comments appreciated.

Thanks.

Pete

They have reroofed the council houses near me and carefully removed
the old ones. The ones they've put on I assume come back from the tile
recyclers after a good clean. They look much less uniform than new
tiles but I expect they'll weather in better than brand new ones.

They were getting a grand or so for the old tiles.
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free