Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Festool

"marc rosen" wrote in message
Hey Leon,
My paper selection is 80, 120, 240 and 320 and I stop at 240 for most
of my projects but for some I will go to 320 (with either sander;
Rotex RO 150 E+ or the DTS 400). I thought about bridging the gap
between 120 and 240 but I don't really see the need.
I also bought a small pack of 400 but this is so rarely used on wood.
My other hobby is windsurfing and I have a few boards to repair from
last season (epoxy outer skin over carbon fiber) so I plan to try out
my sanders on them when it gets time to make the repairs. The 400
will get used at that time.
Marc

I have only seldom used 80 and for the life of me I cannot remember why I
bought that pack. It was for the old PC right angle ROS. I do recall that
it works great for setting down on a 3M Scotch Brite pad to buff my TS top.
;~)
The first time I used my Rotex I was sanding 1.5" wide Poplar edging
attached to 3/4" thick MDF. The Poplar was a bit thicker than the MDF but
the Poplar sanded down even with the MDF almost instantly using 180 grit.