Posted to alt.home.repair

Default gas fire place

On Feb 22, 5:01�pm, minnew wrote:
My husband and I just bought a 5 yr old home. The gas fire place is
gorgeous and huge, but won't stay lit. I can light the pilot and then
turn the knob to "ON" �and the fire is wonderful. It stays lit about 5
minutes and then it is like the gas just shuts off. Am I doing
something wrong? The pilot knob it turned to 'ON' after it is lit and
the bottom knob is on AUX if I am not using the remote/ON if I am
using the remote. We didn't get a manual and can't seem to find the
manufacturer to go online and look it up. It is quite
frustrating....but nice when it is lit! :0) �I thought about calling
someone but who would I call???

local fireplace shop.

most likely a bad thermocouple, they are easy to change