Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Rotel Bias ...

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
Anyone know off the top of their head, or have the manual to check what
the correct bias figure for a Rotel RB970BX Mk II is ? Working along
the lines of the 'standard' 20mA figure (about 5mV across the TPs which
are across a 0.22 ohm emitter resistor) the output stages idle quite
cool, and I see no signs of x-over distortion on the 'scope, but would
be nice to know the correct recommended figure.

**8mV across TP1 & TP3 & Across TP2 & TP4. Those are the figures for
the RB970BX. (Not MkII). I'll try to locate the data pertaining to the
model you have.

Trevor Wilson

Thanks very much Trevor. That equates to not far off Graham's figure of
30mA, so that's where it's now set, and going back to the shop this
morning - it's one of those jobs where the owner is panicking the shop
for it on a daily basis. Customers, don't you just love 'em !! d;~}

**Some. I have a few clients who are like gold. Some, OTOH, I just never
want to see again.

Trevor Wilson

Amen to that, Trevor !!

Arfa