Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Festool

"Chris" wrote in message
With all this Festool talk I started looking at the sanders, I have a
TS75, Domino & ct32. I agree worth it if you can afford it, very happy,
but on the sanders there is an awful lot of sandpaper to choose from. For
woodworking which ones do you use?

Yes there are a lot of sand papers to choose from. Keep in mind that
Festool builds these sanders to be used in other professions also. Auto
body, renovation, painting, solid surfaces, etc. Each of those types of
work require different typed of abrasives. Fortunately, for regular wood
working, sanding on bare wood, you can simply choose the Rubin sand paper in
the grits of your choice. Rubin paper starts at 24 and goes through 180
grit. If you need a finer grit you can use the Brilliant in grits 220
through 400.

99.99% of the time I stop at 180 grit so the Rubin paper is all I need. I
initially purchased 120, 150, and 180. As effective as the Rotex sander is
I will probably seldom use the 120 grit. In the aggressive mode the 150 in
pretty darn fast. With the smaller less aggressive ROS sanders the 120 or
lower may be a better choice to start out with.