Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Leon's Racism WAS: WE are losing it.

"Kenneth" wrote in message
Hi again,

Let me start by saying I very much appreciate your response
to me question, but it does raise another:

How might it feel for you if you were called into court as a
witness, or perhaps even charged with a crime (just for the
sake of my example g) and on entering the courtroom behind
the judge you saw hanging on the wall some set of moral
principles completely different from those with which you
grew up?

Again, If those Moral Principals were GOOD I would have no problem at all.
If I were in a court room in Iran, I would not have much say in the matter.
Either place, I can choose to ignore them or not.

Would you feel it appropriate were I to say to you at that
point "You can ignore them if you find them offensive."?

I am not going to answer that simply because the whole reason for those
moral princpals is to remind that person or people that he or they should be
truthful and honest. Although those moral principals are displayed, the
person in question can either accept them or ignore them. It is a daily
occourance that those moral principals are in fact ignored. If you are a
good person the effect of those principals should have a positive out come.