Posted to rec.woodworking
Kenneth Kenneth is offline

Default Leon's Racism WAS: WE are losing it.

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 00:18:38 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

Hi Leon,

Please see my comments inline below...

"Kenneth" wrote in message
.. .

'Happy to...

It advantages that group that supports, or believes in,
those particular principles. (But, I truly suspect you knew
that g.)

That advantaged group would be a vast majority of the people in the United
States. Disputing that is in fact an attempt to twist and manipulate.

As before, you are completely correct. What we are exploring
here has to do with protection for the rights of the
minority.

The simple intuitive test would be to ask yourself how you
would feel were you to enter a court that displayed some
other set of "moral imperatives."

That would be just fine with me. As long as the imperatives were of Good
morals.

Do you mean "good" in the opinion of the judge in my
example, or in your own opinion?

Might you feel in any way
disadvantaged, or diminished?

Only if I was an idiot.

To whatever degree you might,
one could suggest that your privileges had been diminished.

If I in fact felt that my privilidges had been diminished, it would be
because of my own doing. If I had a problem with that, I could certainly go
to another country and see how those courts would fit my wants.

This last one leaves me a bit confused.

If you were charged with a crime, and felt that your
privileges had been diminished would you be leaving for that
other country before or after your trial?

No one that has not broken any laws is forced to stay in the United States
and be governed by its age old ways that worked pretty darn well unill some
people started twisting and manipulation the laws.

Are you really suggesting that all the people charged with
crimes are guilty? If that were true, we could save a
fortune g.

Also, when you say that things "worked pretty darn well" I
would have to ask "For whom?"

Anyone with even a superficial knowledge of our nation's
history knows that while those "old ways" worked "pretty
darn well" for some of our people, it worked very poorly for
many others.

As before, I thank you for your response,

--
Kenneth