Jon Bergstrom

Default Living without air conditioning.

Sadly, this can be accurately restated as

The public is so under-educated.... that their natural reaction to
anything... is fear.
Jon

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 12:38:14 -0400, "Shawn" shawn_75ATcomcastDOTnet
wrote:

Well, we wouldn't need so damn much of that if the public weren't scared

**** about nuclear everything.
Tim

I agree. The public is so under-educated about radioactivity and
contamination that their natural reaction to anything deemed radiocative is
fear. Little do they know that they live every day exposed to ionizing
radiation. Interestingly enough, having served time on a nuclear submarine,
I received more exposure while in port with the reactor shutdown than at sea
when the reactor was operating at power.

Shawn

Anything being cooked a second time needs a hot oven.