Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Why is oil coming out of snow blower tube?

On Feb 22, 9:53*am, wrote:
I have an Ariens snow blower that has oil dripping out of the rubber
breather tube. *I believe that that is what the purpose is for - let
oil out. *But it seems to be a significant amount. *Any idea what
would cause this? *Oddly enough I checked the oil level and it is
still at the fulll mark despite losing what looked like a lot of oil
dripping out of the tube and down the side of the unit. *I can't say
if this has ever happened before. *I've only used this thing a few
times over the past few years. *I would see a very small amount of oil
on the floor after using it but I never really worried about it.

I guess it's possible that the oil drips down and mixes with the
melted snow and gives the "impression" of a lot of oil and maybe it's
not that much. * But I am still suspicious. *Anyone have any knowledge
about what is actually going on inside the engine that causes this?

You might have a stuck float flooding the motor and crankcase diluting
the oil with gas, check the oil to see if its thin and smells like
gas. I just saw a motor fully load with gas so it would not even turn
over, in removing the plug and turning it over gas shot out 15ft