Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Randy Randy is offline

Default I got a forklift, need some guidance

Battery reads 18 volt when I got it. charger output 30 volt open
circuit, just barely moving the meter, about 1.6A with my Fluke DC
clamp on. 28.6 v connected to battery.

What's the recon process?

Tag is definitely a 0 as in 30 volt. Weird, Came up with nothing on
my web search for Hobart 3t12-768 charger and nothing for a Yale
k66c-050g30s071 truck. Is Yale still in business?

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:51:40 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

I've not heard of 30 volt systems. Doesn't mean they don't exist but
certainly rare. A 0 and a 6 could look the same on old tags. Your battery is
36 volt.

Why don't you put a voltmeter on the battery. Observe voltage with charger
on and off. Also does your charger have an ammeter, most do. What amps is it
drawing?

I went through a battery reconditioning procedure and got another year out
of my truck. messy time consuming job. let me know if you're interested and
I'll look it up.

Karl

Thank You,
Randy