Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Leo Lichtman Leo Lichtman is offline

Default Random musings about genetically perceived good work. (long)

"John" WROTE: Do you find that with your photography, even though you know
the rules,
you can take 1000's of photographs, which when you look at them you say to
yourself ok, ok ,ok and then you find one where you say to yourself 'I
Like' ? (clip)

I often have difficulty judging my own work. Yes, it is only occasionally
that something immediately rises above the rest. Frequently I file pictures
away that are not bad enough to throw away, and later I start to like them
more. It's a little harder to file bowls away, since shelf space does not
obey Moore's law. :-)