Posted to rec.woodworking
r payne r payne is offline

Default Festool

My point, if I have one, is once you go beyond some price for a given thing you
are no longer paying for an increase in quality. As a carpenter I've used
Bosch, Makita, DeWalt, Ryobi, Rigid, Craftsman, Porter Cable and others. Some
are better than others and in general the better once cost some more. But from
what I've seen there is not enough improvement in Festool to justify costing so
much more than what else is out there. That is why I asked for opinions from
those who have used them.

ron

Peter Bogiatzidis wrote:

Ron,

If the 2-4X the cost of a good quality tool wasn't enough for you, here's a
heads up on the upcoming Festool price increase. This, according to a recent
message from McFeely's.

http://www.mcfeelys.com/info/festool-alert.htm

You may want to look at some of the closeout items that appear at times when
new products are introduced. I picked up a PS-2 jigsaw that way and am very
pleased with it. Very smooth cuts and easy to use.

Peter.

"r payne" wrote in message
I got a look as some of their tools today. While they do seem quality
tools and have some nice features I don't see anything that to me
justifies the cost. Can anyone with experience with the tools tell me
why they cost 2-4X what a good quality tool cost?

ron