Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] pdrahn@coinet.com is offline

Default Anyone know where to buy semi-silvered glass?

On Feb 21, 10:11 am, Christopher Tidy
wrote:
Hi folks,

I just bought a metallurgical microscope. Unfortunately it has a
problem: the semi-silvered mirror is missing. From the mirror's frame
it looks to have been made from an oval piece of semi-silvered glass
about 1/32" thick. I'm thinking I'm probably going to send the
microscope back, but I just thought I'd ask here in case anyone can
think of a source for a small piece of semi-silvered glass or plastic.
Do I stand any chance of finding some?

Best wishes,

Chris

I have several long, narrow pieces from junk xerographic copy
machines. I don't know what function they played. They probably would
not help your situation. I think they are about 1/4 inch thick, 1/2
inch wide, on the silvered side, and probably 12 inches long.

Paul