Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ Andy Champ is offline

Default Smoking (was Mosquito under-25 repellant device)

PeterMcC wrote:

I ain't entering the argument, you just made me curious and I found that
there are lots of links, this being fairly representative:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...0/ai_n12627478

Having said that, the Desert Island Disks remark gets a number of mentions
such as:
http://www.forestonline.org/output/Page159.asp

Well I am!

Forest are hardly a disinterested group, being largely funded by the
tobacco manufacturers.

So...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3826939.stm

.... is the BBC with the same quote.

But I notice the other one - where he says "This is the first time there
has been a formal evaluation by scientists that has concluded that
involuntary smoking causes lung cancer" - is a year later.

I'm firmly free market here, completely unlike Blair's Britain with its
authoritarian stance on practically anything. Restaurants were becoming
no smoking before the politicians got involved; pubs mostly weren't.
This is a reflection of consumer pressure.

Andy