Posted to alt.home.repair
Limp Arbor Limp Arbor is offline

Default Low clearance drilling

On Feb 21, 10:46*am, "Proch" wrote:
I need to drill a 1" hole in the floor from the cellar up through a 2x4, yet
there is only about 8" of clearance at the spot where I would drill due to a
beam. *What are my options other than to purchase a right angle drill? *I'm
not even sure if I'll get the clearance I need from the right angle drills
that I see at the local stores.

I was able to drill a hole in a tight area by using an air ratchet.
Find the socket that is the right size for your hole saw arbor and put
it on your air ratchet. The air ratchet and socket only add about 1
1/2" to the length of your drill bit.