Posted to alt.home.repair
Proch Proch is offline

Default Low clearance drilling

Hi Jim- That's sort of my last resort, as I'd like to avoid cutting and
repairing the drywall if I could. But yeah, if I run out of options I'll
just cut a big enough hole out and drill down from upstairs.

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message
Proch wrote:

I need to drill a 1" hole in the floor from the cellar up through a 2x4,
yet there is only about 8" of clearance at the spot where I would drill
due to a beam. What are my options other than to purchase a right angle
drill? I'm not even sure if I'll get the clearance I need from the right
angle drills that I see at the local stores.

Maybe get a small cordless drill in there
and drill a 1/8" pilot hole up to the top;
then drill down with the 1" bore.

Jim