Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.electronics.repair
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Quick basic advice on a dripping gas 40-gal hot-water heater

In article , wrote:
GregS wrote:

It especially desirable to better insulate the heater when its
not in the living area. Inside the living area, the loss is added to the room
temperature, and most of the year you need extra heat anyway.

Not in sunny Florida, where you run the AC almost year round.

Are geothermal heat pumps becoming poplar there ?
I think I could have saved gas bills by using the underground pipes
and heat pump. My electricity is cheap.

greg