Posted to sci.electronics.repair
OllieBommel OllieBommel is offline

Default Kenwood receiver no sound on FM source

On 21 feb, 19:04, jakdedert wrote:
OllieBommel wrote:
Stupid question... Was the FM actually working before you tried to connect
the extra speakers? That is, did you actually hear the FM playing?

Yes, that's what confused me into thinking that something else was
broken. For a short while, the receiver was playing with the antenna.

WHAT ANTENNA?

Hi Jak,
I replied to other guys as well, mentioning that I did connect an
antenna, namely a T-shaped wire antenna. William even replied to this
that it is a 300ohm instead of a 75ohm. Maybe you missed this post.
Because it's a lengthy thread by now

This antenna does receive 'some' signal but nearly not enough to get
past the muting threshold, or to receive a stereo signal.
I will try a more powerfull antenna, maybe with a build-in amplifier
of some kind. But I'm going to have to buy this. Maybe this will give
a signal strong enough to get something out of the receiver.

Well, these digital receivers do seem to need a much stronger antenna
than the old analogue receivers because with such an older one I can
manually tune in channels and receive stereo.
Anyway. thanks all for your help, you too Jak.