Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen Chris Friesen is offline

Default 110 or 220?

Airedale wrote:
You guys have any similar experiences? I am left thinking to myself
that I got into the wrong industry!

Around here the homeowner can get a permit to do electrical work as long
as it's inspected by the power utility. (Once nice thing about this is
that the inspector is then available for code interpretation questions.)

Shortly after buying my house I installed a new subpanel in the garage
and added a whole bunch of outlets (120 and 240V, various amperages),
overhead lighting circuits, unit heater circuit, etc.

If you have the skills to do it yourself, it's *much* cheaper.

Chris