Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Salisbury[_2_] James Salisbury[_2_] is offline

Default 12v twilight-activated, timed light switch?

JakeD wrote:
On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 23:19:04 +0000, James Salisbury
wrote:

Have a look at www.farnell.com and order part 4390787 and some of part
9759034 and have a bit of a play. If you like to program in C have a
look at http://www.sourceboost.com/

That looks interesting. Is there a good chance I could build the
clap-switch I described using one of these kits?

Thanks,

JD

You would have to build the clap switch as described in your links as
the trigger, then yes you could use the board to turn the lights on and
off after a determined delay or do anything else you liked.
Alternatively you could take a look at
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...h+maplin&meta=

this kit is pic based so you could build it and then reprogram it as you
wish. You could change the code so it reads the switches and sets the
required delay. You will need to buy some more chips, you can't
reprogram the one with this kit.