Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mosquito under-25 repellant device

Mark wrote:
On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 13:06:40 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Mark wrote:
On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 18:51:30 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 00:15:06 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

If people choose to smoke it is their decision. If we had
'smoking' venues no one else would be affected.

The people who work there would be affected.

If there was anything to affect them of course.

'The effects of other people smoking in my presence is so small it
doesn't worry me.' - Professor Sir Richard Doll (who discovered the
link between active smoking & lung cancer using credible scientific
methods).

He said this when he was nearly 90! He probably believed it was
unlikely to have an effect on him in the rest of his lifetime.

Clutching at straws are we? He was still of sound mind at 90 and he didn't
mean that. I heard the quote live on Radio 4. He was on Desert Island
Discs.

He admitted in 1986 that passive smoking could cause lung cancer.

He did? I'm unable to find that, no doubt you have a link?

Typical RASF. If all else fails make it up.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk