Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Cistern leak with Wirquin dual flush from B&Q

"DavidA" wrote in message
Hi

I have just fitted a Wirquin dual flush from B&Q to our close-coupled
toilet. Works fine but there is a very small leak from the connection
between the toilet and the cistern. I took it all apart yestereday
evening and nipped up the back nut but the leak is stilll there. I
don't want to overtighten it and I have read elsewhere that its not a
good idea to put a sealant on plastic/rubber fittings.

I am assuming that tightening the doughnut washer by doing up the wing
nuts won't help here (the toilet has not been flushed).

Any suggestions please?

David

Do you mean it leaks all the time - not just when it is flushed?

Does it leak more when it is flushed?