Posted to uk.d-i-y
DavidA DavidA is offline

Default Cistern leak with Wirquin dual flush from B&Q

Hi

I have just fitted a Wirquin dual flush from B&Q to our close-coupled
toilet. Works fine but there is a very small leak from the connection
between the toilet and the cistern. I took it all apart yestereday
evening and nipped up the back nut but the leak is stilll there. I
don't want to overtighten it and I have read elsewhere that its not a
good idea to put a sealant on plastic/rubber fittings.

I am assuming that tightening the doughnut washer by doing up the wing
nuts won't help here (the toilet has not been flushed).

Any suggestions please?

David