Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Stan's Sportscars Perfomance Center - Extreme Roadster

Andy Champ wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I wonder what it really produces after its been around a few years.

I can't speak for the rest of them, but MR2s are well known for topping
200k miles. Even the turbo versions, which are usually tweaked to 250+.

But not run on the redline. Wr goes up as teh square of RPM more or less.

Unless some boy racer finds out what "snap oversteer" means...

BTW ISTR this started with you saying

its rare to see more than 70bhp/liter from any normally aspirated road
engine.

... which a bunch of us promptly disagreed with.

AND in fact has been shown to be true. Its rate to find that. Perhaps 3
models out of 300?

Now we have

None exceeds 100bhp/l;iter.

... which is a different kettle of fish entirely. Did the goalposts move?

Nope, the original aseertion as that 100nhp /liter was a standard easy
to reach benchmark of a N/A performance engine. Its been shown that not
only its that EXTREMELY rare, its not that easy to reach.

That is rare in a NA car engine with current technology. But as has
been pointed out, not unknown.

Andy

p.s. It's a litre, not a liter

Depends. I spend too much time talking to septics..