Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default Festool

"r payne" wrote:

I got a look as some of their tools today. While they do seem

quality
tools and have some nice features I don't see anything that to me
justifies the cost. Can anyone with experience with the tools tell

me
why they cost 2-4X what a good quality tool cost?

They are German.

Much as that sounds strictly like a smart ass comment, it is designed
to convey a message.

In our everyday life, we represent some German companies selling their
products here in the US.

Almost always, they are higher priced than their competitors.

Getting that first order is often a challenge.

However, once a customer uses a product, recognises the engineering
content, the cost becomes much less of an issue.

I have not used any Festool products, but the above probably applies.

That said, you have to make the decision whether they are a worthwill
investment for your application.

Have fun.

Lew