Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Painting on bathroom tile?

On Feb 20, 2:56*pm, Joe wrote:
On Feb 20, 7:32*am, Steve K wrote:

My wife painted the bathroom sort of a carmel color, and the pink inlay
(about 1 inch high) on the white bathroom tile, which runs on three
walls, just doesn't match!

Can I paint this gloss white with any sort of success? Which paint
should I use?

Thanks
Steve

Cutting to the crux of the matter: epoxy paints are said to have the
best adhesion of all to common ceramics. Not easy to find them. Pro
paint stores might be sources, try the ones in your area. Substrate
cleanliness is vital. Acetone is a widely used solvent for surface
cleaning in epoxy work. Use it with the usual sensible precautions
(fumes, etc. can travel). Follow directions. Use a very high quality
brush. Mask as necessary. There now, you should be good to go.

Joe

Regarding masking...

It might be tough to mask the grout lines and prevent bleeding. What
looks like a nice clean line between the grout and the tile might
indeed be rather uneven once you take brush in hand. Just something to
consider and be prepared to deal with.